New York, August 23, 2012– Olympus officially announced its invitational Olympus Visionary program today. The program celebrates the work of 13 talented photographers (up from six last year), who shoot exclusively with Olympus digital imaging products.
According to Olympus, “The mission of the Olympus Visionary program is to work with talented individuals to create superb images and videos, educate the photographic community about the possibilities of digital photography, and to provide product feedback to assist with the development of innovative digital photographic equipment that meets the needs of the most demanding professional photographers. As you will see from this years’ Visionary roster below, this is the most diverse, passionate, uniquely talented and socially active Visionary roster ever. It is loaded with talented photographers, writers, bloggers, filmmakers, digital imaging experts, authors, educators and TV and web personalities.”
Olympus welcomes back four influential, leading Visionary photographers and introduces nine extremely talented new members to the 2012 Olympus Visionary Roster. We’re happy to report that yours truly made the cut and is the only Canadian Olympus Visionary so far.
- Jay Dickman – Littleton, Colorado – Pulitzer Prize-Winning National Geographic Photographer, author, photo educator and creator of the award-winning FirstLight Workshops. Follow Jay online at http://www.firstlightworkshop.com/wheres-jay/
- Larry Price – Dayton, Ohio – Two-time Pulitzer Prize-winning photojournalist, photo essayist, video and multimedia specialist. Follow Larry online atwww.larrycprice.com
- Jay Kinghorn – Salt Lake City, Utah – Digital media strategist, landscape and action sport photographer, blogger, author and founder of Kinghorn Visual. Follow Jay online at http://jaykinghorn.com/
- David Wells – Providence, Rhode Island – Stock and documentary photographer, photo essayist, photo-educator and founder of the Wells Point photo education blog and Photo Synesi the online photo critiquing service. Follow David online at http://about.me/thewellspoint
- Tammy Lee Bradley – Port Saint Lucie, Florida – Lifestyle, portrait, and stock photographer; designer, social influencer and founder of Mortal Muses photography collaborative for women. Follow Tammy online at www.tammyleebradley.com
- Austin Lottimer – Carbondale, Colorado – Photographer, television pro, award-winning film maker, artist, conservationist and co-founder of Zero1Films and Bujin Productions. Follow Austin online at www.bujinproductions.com
- Maitland Lottimer – Denver, Colorado – Photographer, television pro, award-winning film maker and co-founder of Zero1Films and Bujin Productions. Follow Maitland online at http://maitlandlottimer.tumblr.com/
- Spiro Mandylor – Toronto, Ontario – International fashion & event photographer and founder of the It’s All Style to Me fashion and design blog. Follow Spiro at http://www.ItsAllStyleToMe.com
- Giulio Sciorio – Miami, Florida – Commercial photographer, director, videographer, social Influencer and founder of the Small Camera Big Picture Blog. Follow Giulio online at www.smallcamerabigpicture.com
- Jamie MacDonald – Eaton Rapids, Michigan – Social influencer, nature photographer, Getty artist, founder of J MacDonald Photo and blogger. Follow Jamie at http://about.me/jamie.macdonald
- Milo Hess – New York, New York – Award-winning photojournalist, Emmy Award winning graphic artist and NYC street photographer. Follow Milo online at http://milohess.500px.com/
- Victor Rodriguez – Marlton, New Jersey – Photography professor, award winning fashion, fine art, music and studio photographer, founder of Photography by Victor. Follow Victor online at Http://studio206id.com
- Bryce Bradford – Oceanside, California – Social influencer, landscape and action sports photographer and founder of Bryce Bradford Photography. Follow Bryce online at http://www.facebook.com/brbphoto
Olympus is extremely proud to have this exciting group of ambassadors, creators, artists and influencers to represent the Olympus brand. For regularly-updated content from all of the Olympus Visionaries, you can visit Facebook.com/getolympus, YouTube.com/getolympus and follow @getolympus on Twitter.